Thursday, June 21, 2012

Let's Talk About Our Feelings

So as you guys may have been able to discern, I am terrible at dealing with things like feelings.  I have the emotional capacity, at this point, of Sue Sylvester after a bottle of Nyquil.


I do think, however, that I am not mistaken in declaring that when most people think 'vulnerable', they don't necessarily envision Kelly Clarkson's make-up sex dance anthem set inside a mausoleum.


So Nellie wins by default because, A, everyone else decided that 'vulnerability' equated to 'pouting', and B, Nellie sounds like the love child of Florence Welch and Brandi Carlile, so she literally could have done cartwheels and still pulled off vulnerable better than anyone else.

It didn't hurt that Nellie just kind of has this awkward, shy vibe that translates really well into, well, 'uncomfortable' which pretty much shares the definition of 'vulnerable' in the Glee world.


Also, from now on, anyone who wins a homework challenge has to be able to top this reaction.  I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure she said 'woof.'  Like a dog.  I am still giggling.


I don't know how much this little bonding session actually helped her, because, well, she seemed even less impressed with Cory Monteith than I am, and ladies and gentlemen, that is a FEAT.


Nellie in the video was...Nellie.  I mean, I really don't think there's much one can do to shake this girl out of who she is.  She seems very confused as to where she is most of the time, and seems highly cautious about speaking to other people, or making direct eye contact.


Then again, if I was a time traveling barista, and I was just randomly plopped into a house full of people who were all clinically insane, and some Carrie Underwood junior was trying to tell me how to drink my coffee, I think I'd think twice before establishing my presence in a room, too.


See that?  Sheer, unadulterated terror.

Oh, wait, that's indifference too.  Ah well, girl still thinks the Spice Girls are relevant; she has every right to feel like the world is a terrible place.

No comments:

Post a Comment