Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Forgotten

THANK GOD this new episode is A, finally happening, and B, not going to be so sensitive.  I was going crazy with all of these 'vulnerable' entries.  Let's just knock out these last two kids who got next to zero screen time, shall we?

It seems that McKynleigh has settled into her knew role on this show:


'Girl who is first to overreact to each weeks theme.'  Seriously, if she does it again this week, I'm going to die laughing.



What is is with this girl and looking like she's in a slasher movie?  I mean, even in the photo above, all I see is 'doomed, terrified substitute teacher'. She did, however, sing beautifully and more impressively than anyone else in the homework assignment.

That said, I fear that her time is pretty close to up on this show.  Why?  Because she sang more impressively in the homework assignment, and wasn't even acknowledged for it.

"Something I'm insecure about is...um..."

This is what I mean about this being a kind of BS episode--some people just don't have the kinds of vulnerabilities that jive with the most common--or most televised--ones you tend to encounter.  In my own fantasy world, McKynleigh's inner monologue is going "Have you SEEN me?  I am tall, gorgeous, and my skin looks like God dipped me in a vat of the most sumptuous caramel on the planet.  OH, and did I mention I can sing the pants off the rest of these after-school-special rejects?  I GUESS I JUST DID."

How else to explain something as esoteric 'Black or White'?



For all the praises I can generally sing (no pun intended) of McKynleigh's innate strengths, I can't do so for this video.  She was just so...bad.  Her voice sounded whiny, and she for once looked more like she was already dead than about to be killed.
And her vignette was so awkward, and conveyed absolutely nothing about the conflict of being of mixed race.  Unless people of mixed race are all anthropophobic.

And now, because he did absolutely nothing this episode, a montage of photos with occasional quotes that I'm just going to tell you my reactions to:


"Your homework performance wasn't so much 'vulnerable' as it was 'violent and terrifying, with a touch of domestic abuse'."

"I dated this girl for a little while, and we talked about getting married..."

"...I just don't get how it goes from that to one day someone means more."

MAYBE BECAUSE YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT GETTING MARRIED BEFORE YOU WERE EVEN LEGALLY ALLOWED TO VOTE SLASH WERE HOMELESS OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Kids these days.

"I just feel like I always get this close."

Thanks for the visual.

"I just feel if I got the chance, I could blow someone's mind."

And now I'm terrified.



HOW DO EITHER OF THESE CONVEY REJECTION IN THE SLIGHTEST?


Smoldering.


*GAG*

2 comments:

  1. Things you said about McKynleigh was hilarious.''Girl who is first to overreact to each weeks theme.''I'm still laughing :D
    Greetings from İstanbul :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING REVIEW !!
    I laughed so hard that I cried like one hour. What you said about Samuel's parts were so funny.

    Also from Istanbul..

    ReplyDelete